London, United Kingdom
Who are we?
A strategic and trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI), provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers and brokers around the world. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet, and the expertise of our global team of professionals, who exude excellent capabilities and strong character.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration, and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience, and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work. We are one team committed to building a culture where every teammate has the opportunity to contribute and be recognized. Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Actuarial Analyst to join our European Actuarial Team. We are looking for an individual who has both an ability to excel and an excellence of character. Our culture is innovative and fast paced and this position will be the perfect fit for an individual who is intellectually curious, self-motivated and a collaborative team member. This position will be based in our London office with a focus on our UK and European Executive & Professional Lines portfolio including Commercial Directors & Officers, Professional Indemnity, Financial Institutions, as well as Cyber and Transactional Liability, however there may be exposure to other lines of business. The tasks and responsibilities will grow in line with the maturity of the business and the candidate’s profile.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Price individual large insurance policies and be the business partner for underwriters in this process
- Recalibrate pricing models
- Analyse claims and exposure data
- Work with the data compilation team to ensure high quality data capture
- Support the underwriting community on using pricing models
- Monitor pricing model completion including data quality checks
- Assist the underwriting community in benefiting from available reporting tools
- Involvement in quarterly business reviews supporting portfolio management and underwriting strategies
- Research and implementation of new pricing techniques
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Multiple years of actuarial experience in a General Insurance role, preferably in Pricing and Third-Party lines
- Excellent skills in MS Excel and knowledge in SQL, VBA, R and/or Python
- An interest in data science concepts
- Nearly qualified / good progress to become a qualified actuary
- Solid oral and written communication skills in English
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Strong desire to learn from and share knowledge with teammates
- A competitive package and exciting growth opportunities for career-oriented teammates
- A dynamic, action oriented, and thoughtful environment centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates and our other stakeholders
- A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework
To apply, please submit your CV with a cover letter outlining why this would be the perfect role for you to [email protected]
NOTE: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
Visit our website at www.bhspecialty.com