Who are we?
A strategic and trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI), provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers and brokers around the world. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet, and the expertise of our global team of professionals, who exude excellent capabilities and strong character.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration, and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience, and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work. We are one team committed to building a culture where every teammate has the opportunity to contribute and be recognized. Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
Learn more about our unique culture and history.
We are seeking a Senior Accountant to join our team and be based in Sydney. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing business and to work across all our teams proactively contributing to building our business.
The role is an all-rounded, hands-on position and the successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of Finance, including US GAAP, Financial, Statutory, Regulatory and Management Reporting for the Australia and New Zealand Branches.
This would suit an individual who is wanting to take ownership of their role and work autonomously across all facets of Finance.
Role Responsibilities but not limited to:
- Assist with financial close process for Australia and New Zealand and preparation & analysis of financial reports.
- Prepare regulatory returns and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements for Australia and New Zealand branches.
- Provide meaningful and timely monthly financial analysis & reporting.
- Assist with operational finance activities including the Accounts Payable function.
- Assist with the budget & forecast process for the region including expenses forecasts.
- Assist with preparation and review of indirect & direct tax requirements for ANZ region.
- Provide support in working with auditors, regulatory bodies with annual reviews and ad queries.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Finance function within the insurance industry is highly desired.
- CA, CIMA or ACCA qualification.
- Proactive and possess excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work within a team environment as well as independently.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- A competitive package and exciting growth opportunities for career-oriented teammates.
- A dynamic, action oriented, and thoughtful environment centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates and our other stakeholders.
- A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework.
NOTE: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please send resumes to [email protected]
Visit our website at www.bhspecialty.com