Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Who are we?
A strategic and trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI), provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers and brokers around the world. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet, and the expertise of our global team of professionals, who exude excellent capabilities and strong character.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration, and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience, and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work. We are one team committed to building a culture where every teammate has the opportunity to contribute and be recognized. Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) has an exciting opportunity for an Actuarial Analyst to join our Regional Actuarial Team in our Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia office. We are looking for an individual who has both an ability to perform and an excellence of character. Our culture is creative and fast paced, and this position will be the perfect fit for an individual who is intellectually curious, self-motivated and a collaborative team member.
This role works closely with teammates in Actuarial, Finance, Underwriting, Claims, and IT globally and you will therefore gain exposure to all facets of general insurance operations across a wide variety of commercial product lines. You will also have the opportunity to develop your skills in a range of actuarial disciplines with support from an experienced global actuarial team.
Job title and compensation will be commensurate with the experience and exam level of the individual. Both credentialed and non-credentialed actuaries with relevant experience may apply.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Data preparation and analysis to support local financial and regulatory deliverables such as reserving, capital management and budgeting for BHSI branches in the Australasia region.
- Management of the financial reporting database ensuring the needed reserving and financial data is captured accurately and efficiently.
- Communicate results and findings to various key stakeholders of the organization.
- Support portfolio management with in-depth analysis of key segments that are driving material trends in performance.
- Collaborate effectively with the actuarial data and analytics team and other global resources to enhance processes and maintain a high standard of data integrity.
- Support the local branches adoption of IFRS 17.
- Provide technical support, as needed, to underwriters and key stakeholders throughout the organization.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in actuarial studies, mathematics, economics, statistics or a related field.
- Actively pursuing the ACAS/FCAS or equivalent qualification (FIA or FIAA).
- 3-5 years of experience in an actuarial reserving role.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills, VBA experience an advantage.
- Proficiency in SQL, R or similar language is preferred.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of IFRS 17 is preferred, but not required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Strong desire to learn from and share knowledge with teammates.
- Effective time management, with the ability to juggle multiple projects at the same time.
- A competitive package and exciting growth opportunities for career-oriented teammates.
- A dynamic, action oriented, and thoughtful environment centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates and our other stakeholders.
- A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework.
- A market leading study support package for those undertaking actuarial exams.
NOTE: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please send resumes to [email protected]
Visit our website at www.bhspecialty.com