Who are we?
A strategic and trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI), provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers and brokers around the world. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet, and the expertise of our global team of professionals, who exude excellent capabilities and strong character.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration, and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience, and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work. We are one team committed to building a culture where every teammate has the opportunity to contribute and be recognized. Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) has an exciting opportunity in General Property for an experienced underwriter to join our team in Singapore. It will be good fit for a Senior Underwriter with minimum 10 years of experience who is willing to learn, to expand his/her underwriting knowledge, to adapt and grow in a fast-paced work environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To assist Head of Property, Asia to build General Property portfolio that is consistent with the business strategy on profitable growth. The focus will be on wholesale/ reinsurance business across Asia and exploring retail opportunities where we are licensed.
- Build and develop brokers/cedants relationships to produce business opportunities in consistent with the objectives of the business plan.
- Underwrite new/renewal business including complex risks in accordance to underwriting guidelines and best practices.
- Collaborate with teammates from risk engineer, claims, actuary, cat modelers, legal counsels etc to provide perfect solutions for our customers.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience with (re)insurance property underwriting in Asia Region.
- Strong technical knowledge with good analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Collaborative and team-focused mentality.
- A competitive package and exciting growth opportunities for career-oriented teammates.
- A dynamic, action oriented, and thoughtful environment centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates and our other stakeholders.
- A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework.
NOTE: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please send resumes to [email protected]
Visit our website at www.bhspecialty.com