Who are we?
A strategic and trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI), provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty, and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers and brokers around the world. As a part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet, and the expertise of our global team of professionals, who exude excellent capabilities and strong character.
Berxi is the brand for Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance’s (BHSI) small commercial division, direct-to-consumer insurance making professional and small business insurance easier to understand, buy, and afford. Berxi has existed for 7 years and is at an inflection point in its growth. If you constantly strive for excellence and want to work with a collaborative, fast-paced, and energetic team – then Berxi is for you.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration, and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience, and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work. We are one team committed to building a culture where every teammate can contribute and be recognized.
Berxi has a hybrid work structure with four days in the office and one day at home.
Berxi has an exciting opportunity for an Email and Direct Marketing Specialist to manage the campaign development and execution of our email and direct mail marketing programs. This position reports to the Senior Manager of Direct Marketing.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as the subject matter expert on our email marketing platform, learn and understand its capabilities, advocate for ways to increase efficiencies, troubleshoot issues, and make recommendations for improved performance.
- Manage journey and trigger-based campaigns, newsletters, one-off emails, partner emails, emails sent via third parties, and more. Ensure emails are appropriately tracked and report on email metrics and performance data.
- Conduct extensive A/B testing and analysis of email marketing campaigns for ongoing optimization of email results.
- Collaborate with content and creative teams to build emails incorporating brand messaging and email best practices.
- Automate journeys based on the stage of the funnel the email address was captured.
- Work with the Partnership and outbound sales team on marketing to business partners. Manage the execution and report on the results.
- Maintain email list hygiene with bounce handling rules, list removal logic and other tactics. Troubleshoot email deliverability issues.
- Manage direct mail schedules, merge purge, and mailing selections. Measure and optimize mailings based on results.
- Collaborate with the creative team on direct mail development.
- Serve as liaison with printer(s), manage mailing schedules and QC’ing of both data and creative.
- Stay up to date with emerging trends and best practices for cost-effective direct mail.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years of marketing experience, with a bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Hands-on use of email marketing platforms.
- Knowledge of email best practices and use as guidelines for everyday execution.
- Experience with building, testing, and troubleshooting email templates.
- Understand ISP/domain-specific deliverability tools and metrics such as spam traps, bounce handling rules, and filtering logic.
- Have an understanding of the print production process and how to manage it efficiently.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel with the ability to create complex spreadsheets using formulas, including v-lookup, and pivot tables.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics.
- Ability to multi-task and manage different projects at various stages of development.
- Self-learner with the ability to solve problems independently but knows when to ask questions.
- Eager to work in a collaborative, fast-paced team environment.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package and exciting growth opportunities for career-oriented teammates.
- A dynamic, action oriented, and thoughtful environment centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates, and other stakeholders.
- A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Clicking apply will direct you to our recruiting module within ADP