Are you looking for an organization who truly values and accepts differences of perspectives and understands that winning together builds a stronger organization?
Are you looking for an organization that is a powerful platform driven by exceptional people, and one where you can be recognized and rewarded for individual excellence in a team framework?
Are you looking for the opportunity to start building meaningful, professional relationships with people who, like you, have a high level of capabilities and strong character, who care about each other, their customers, and communities?
Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
We have an exciting, entry level opportunity to join our Boston office as an Associate Business Systems Analyst within the IT team. In this role, under the guidance of experienced Business System Analysts, you will learn to partner and engage with both Business leaders and IT resources to translate business needs into system requirements and technical specifications. This role will require you to work together with the delivery leads to deliver the products that meet and/or exceed our business customer expectations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with senior analysts to develop business requirement documentation, use cases, mockup screen designs and workflow diagrams.
- Actively participate in requirement gathering interviews, documentation analysis and requirement review sessions.
- Coordinate efforts to assist on multiple initiatives.
- Develop functional expertise in the operation and configuration of the policy and claim applications.
- Learn the various milestones applicable to waterfall and agile projects.
- Work with teams that are geographically dispersed and comprised of all disciplines, such as architects, business system analysts, developers and testers.
- Engage in the development and execution of testing plans, document and triage issues.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- College concentration in one of the STEM disciplines or prior experience and demonstrated passion in an Information Technology role.
- Working experience in software application building or supporting any existing claims administration applications like Duck Creek, Guidewire, Majesco, Insurity, OneShield applications etc. are a plus.
- Experience as an underwriter or claims adjuster are a plus.
- Analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently when needed.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills preferably from past job or volunteer experience.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with MS Office Applications.
- All candidates must have permanent work authorization in the United States.
Who are we?
A strategic and trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI), provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers and brokers around the world. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet and the expertise of our global team of professionals, who exude excellent capabilities and strong character.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration, and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work. We are one team committed to building a culture where every teammate has the opportunity to contribute and be recognized.
- A competitive package and exciting growth opportunities with a growing global organization.
- A dynamic, action oriented and thoughtful environment centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates and our other stakeholders.
- A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity, encourages innovation, and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework.
Clicking apply will direct you to our recruiting module within ADP.