Who are we?
A strategic and trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI), provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty, and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers and brokers around the world. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet, and the expertise of our global team of professionals, who exude excellent capabilities and strong character.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration, and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience, and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work. We are one team committed to building a culture where every teammate has the opportunity to contribute and be recognized. Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty, and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) has an exciting opportunity for a self-directed, motivated Vice President of Global Credit Control to join our Insurance Operations team in Boston. This position will be accountable for the oversight of the global billing and collection activities for BHSI. The individual will work with and through our off-shore business process partner, Xceedance, with a strategic focus on system and process development and operationalizing new locations worldwide.
In addition to Xceedance, this position will work closely with our underwriting teams, and our business partners including Program Administrators and MGAs, to drive the achievement of objectives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure collection functions are uniformly applied across all BHSI regions, including Multinational programs.
- Routinely interface with Xceedance staff on day-to-day receivable issues including overdue accounts; train teammates as warranted.
- Review aging reports, analyzing results to ensure they are within company expectations and drive better results to address any negative trends.
- Ability to analyze, reason and problem-solve complex open balances, provide analysis and guidance to Xceedance, and seek resolution with underwriting teams.
- Elevate collection issues per internal guidelines.
- Liaise with all BHSI regional teams on local collection issues.
- Continually seek process improvement with broker partners and Xceedance.
- Oversee direct bill processes between Program Administrators, MGAs, and Xceedance, including the business owners of our Direct Bill System.
- Develop and implement strategies, processes, and technologies to improve service, productivity, and efficiency.
- Manage global reporting of collection results and other metrics.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Minimum 10 years’ relevant collections and credit control experience in personal and commercial insurance; prior system development experience and/or multinational experience a plus.
- Excellent mathematical skills.
- Strong MS Excel skills.
- Experience with Direct billing processes and systems.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Eagerness to work in a diverse cultural environment.
- Willingness to connect with international teammates beyond normal business hours.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
- Ability to work within a Team Environment.
- BS/BA Degree or equivalent experience.
- A competitive package and exciting growth opportunities for career-oriented teammates.
- A dynamic, action-oriented, and thoughtful environment centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates, and our other stakeholders.
- A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework.
NOTE: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Members may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Clicking apply will direct you to our recruiting module within ADP.