Plymouth Meeting, PA
Are you looking for a place that truly values and accepts differences of perspectives and understands that winning together builds a stronger organization?
Are you looking for an organization that is a powerful platform driven by exceptional people, and one where you can be recognized and rewarded for individual excellence in a team framework?
Are you looking for the opportunity to start building meaningful, professional relationships with people who, like you, have a high level of capabilities and strong character, who care about each other, their customers, and communities?
Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty, and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
If so, then our 2024 Intern program is for you!
During your 12-week paid internship, you will learn about underwriting commercial and construction surety risks under the guidance of experienced underwriters. This opportunity will allow you to gain an understanding of the Surety and insurance industry as you explore areas of finance and credit used to provide suretyship to both the commercial and construction industries; as well as experience first-hand the teamwork that it takes to deliver flexible, responsive solutions to our customers. The construction surety products provide a financial guarantee between commercial contractors and the organizations for which they build. The commercial surety products provide a financial guarantee or other forms of guarantee to different entities (public or private corporations/federal or state governmental agencies/etc.) for which they are providing a service or guarantee.
Education, Skills, and Experience:
• Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently when needed.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong customer service skills preferably from past job or volunteer experience.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience with MS Office Applications.
• All candidates must have permanent work authorization in the United States.
Who are we?
A strategic and trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI), provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers and brokers around the world. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet and the expertise of our global team of professionals, who exude excellent capabilities and strong character.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration, and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work. We are one team committed to building a culture where every teammate has the opportunity to contribute and be recognized.
• Competitive pay and exciting growth opportunities with a growing global organization
• A liberating, fast-paced culture, centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates and our business.
• A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity, encourages innovation, and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework.
Clicking apply will direct you to our recruiting module within ADP.