Who are we?
A strategic and trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI), provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty, and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers and brokers around the world. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet, and the expertise of our global team of professionals, who exude excellent capabilities and strong character.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration, and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value diversity of backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work. We are one team committed to building a culture where every teammate can contribute and be recognized. Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty, and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
Learn more about our unique culture and history.
Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) is looking for our first Training Manager of Learning & Development to join our Human Resources Team in our Boston. As an early-stage global business, we are ready to build our Learning & Development capabilities and programs. This role is a “hands-on” role, and the ideal teammate enjoys and excels at owning the full cycle of learning and development from design to delivery! We are looking for an experienced and collaborative Learning & Development professional with experience building and delivering cohesive programs in leadership and talent development, organizational design, and designing, developing, and delivering training programs and materials.
The Training Manager will be responsible for the overall planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of training programs for our diverse workforce. You will work closely with various stakeholders to identify training needs, design effective learning solutions, and ensure that training initiatives align with organizational goals. You will oversee a team of trainers and collaborate with subject matter experts to develop and deliver engaging and impactful training content.
- Training Strategy and Program Development:
- Collaborate with senior management to develop and deliver a comprehensive training strategy aligned with business objectives.
- Identify training needs through assessments, surveys, and consultation with department managers and subject matter experts.
- Design and develop training programs, curricula, and learning materials that cater to the needs of different departments and job roles.
- Utilize a variety of instructional techniques and technologies to deliver engaging and effective training sessions.
- Training Delivery and Facilitation:
- Oversee the delivery of training programs, either through internal trainers or external vendors.
- Conduct training sessions, workshops, and seminars, ensuring high-quality facilitation and engaging participant experiences.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of training delivery methods and adjust as necessary to meet the needs of different learner groups.
- Incorporate adult learning principles and interactive training techniques to maximize participant engagement and knowledge retention.
- Training Program Management:
- Develop and maintain a training calendar, ensuring timely delivery of training initiatives.
- Manage the learning management system (LMS) to track training participation, completion, and effectiveness.
- Monitor and evaluate training program metrics, such as participant feedback, performance improvement, and return on investment.
- Continuously assess and update training materials to reflect industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
- Team Management and Leadership:
- Build a team of trainers, providing guidance, mentorship, and professional development opportunities.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and department managers to ensure training content is accurate, up-to-date, and aligned with business needs.
- Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment that encourages participation, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., Education, Human Resources, Business Administration) or equivalent practical experience. A master’s degree is a plus.
- Strong track record of experience within the corporate L&D space, with instructional design methods and adult learning including content design, learning delivery, program coordination, and project management.
- Strong knowledge of property and casualty insurance products, processes, and regulations desired.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills, with the ability to engage and inspire learners of various backgrounds and skill levels.
- Proficient in the use of learning management systems (LMS) and e-learning authoring tools.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to measure training effectiveness and make data-driven decisions.
- Knowledge of appropriate training methodologies to accommodate a variety of learning styles.
- Strong project management skills and demonstrated ability to develop training programs.
- Prior experience working with training software tools to build multi-media programs.
- Relationship management; stakeholder coaching and influencing.
- Demonstrated commitment, expertise, and knowledge in the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion space.
- Comfort working with ambiguity and diving into details while driving big-picture ideas.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package and exciting growth opportunities for career-oriented teammates.
- A dynamic, action oriented, and thoughtful environment centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates, and other stakeholders.
- A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Clicking apply will direct you to our recruiting module within ADP