Who are we?
A strategic and trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI), provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers and brokers around the world. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet, and the expertise of our global team of professionals, who exude excellent capabilities and strong character.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration, and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience, and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work. We are one team committed to building a culture where every teammate has the opportunity to contribute and be recognized. Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) is continuing to grow our team in Sydney. We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Underwriter to join our Executive & Professional lines, specialising in Cyber insurance.
We are seeking an individual who is intelligent, passionate and always striving towards excellence. We expect our teammates to be able to learn new products and have the necessary relationship-building and negotiating skills to help lead and further build a profitable book of business. You should be great with people and comfortable working closely with all functions of our business including legal, actuarial, claims as well as other underwriters across the broader BHSI team.
The successful candidate will be focused on a positive customer experience, while maintaining sound underwriting discipline. This position is a great fit for an underwriter looking to step up and have a direct influence in growing a business alongside an experienced and well-regarded team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage and build upon a book of business that is consistent with the team’s strategic focus.
- Develop and build a profitable book of Cyber and Technology Liability business.
- Establish, develop, and expand broker and customer relationships.
- Underwrite assigned accounts while ensuring appropriate analysis and documentation.
- Work in a fast-paced, bottom line-oriented environment, multi-task, and make quick decisions while maintaining underwriting integrity.
- Underwrite to complex and challenging risks while developing creative solutions for our partners.
- Work closely with our in-house claims team and Breach Coaches to help create a positive and transparent experience for our customers.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- At least 5 years of liability underwriting experience, with 3 or more specialising in Cyber.
- Solid underwriting fundamentals with specialties in Cyber liability & Technology Liability.
- Existing broker and customer relationships, or the experience and ability to develop strong broker and customer relationships quickly.
- Experience trading with specialised brokers is preferred.
- Strong collaboration and team building skills.
- Strong communication skills including negotiation, written communication and presentation experience.
- Degree or equivalent education, and/or insurance qualifications.
- A competitive package and exciting growth opportunities for career-oriented teammates.
- A dynamic, action oriented, and thoughtful environment centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates and our other stakeholders.
- A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework.
NOTE: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please send resumes to [email protected]
Visit our website at www.bhspecialty.com