Auckland, New Zealand
Who are we?
A strategic and trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI), provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers and brokers around the world. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet, and the expertise of our global team of professionals, who exude excellent capabilities and strong character.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration, and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience, and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work. We are one team committed to building a culture where every teammate has the opportunity to contribute and be recognized. Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
BHSI has an exciting opportunity for a trained professional Senior Risk Engineer based in our Auckland office looking to accelerate their development within the industry. Exposure to a wide variety of accounts ranging in size, hazards and complexity will be provided. Reporting to the Head of Property, New Zealand the successful candidate will collaborate with and provide support to the Property Underwriting Team to help grow a healthy book of business through engineered risk selection and understanding.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct thoughtful and technical account reviews.
- Attend onsite evaluations where needed for underwriting purposes.
- Collaborate with Underwriters on new business opportunities and during the renewal process.
- Contribute to the development of technical resources and engineering guidelines.
- Participate in broker and customer meetings to strengthen our relationship and reduce uncertainty.
- Work with the BHSI Claims team and other lines of business on technical matters.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor (or higher) degree in Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years risk engineering experience required.
- General Property background required.
- Adept at assessing and reporting property risk issues and loss estimates.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A competitive package and exciting growth opportunities for career-oriented teammates.
- A dynamic, action oriented, and thoughtful environment centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates and our other stakeholders.
- A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework.
NOTE: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
Please send resumes to [email protected]
Visit our website at www.bhspecialty.com