Who are we?
A strategic and trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI), provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty, and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers and brokers around the world. As a part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet, and the expertise of our global team of professionals, who exude excellent capabilities and strong character.
Berxi is the Small Commercial team within BHSI. We’re all about driving digital innovation in the Small Commercial Insurance space and are focused on leveraging technology to make insurance simple and affordable for professionals and small businesses. If you constantly strive for excellence and want to work with a collaborative, fast-paced, and energetic team – then Berxi is for you.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration, and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience, and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work. We are one team committed to building a culture where every teammate has the opportunity to contribute and be recognized. Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty, and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
This is a unique opportunity to shape the vision of, define the architecture for, implement, and optimize the marketing technology and data infrastructure supporting the Berxi marketing organization. Berxi is the brand for Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance’s (BHSI) small commercial division, direct-to-consumer insurance making professional and small business insurance easier to understand, buy and afford. Berxi has existed for 7 years and is at an inflection point in its growth. This role will help support the future growth of the company and build the Berxi brand by enabling personalized digital experiences across channels. Berxi has a hybrid work structure with four days in the office and one day at home.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing Operations within the Marketing team, you will collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to articulate the marketing technology and data roadmap, define requirements, lead vendor evaluation, implementations, and integrations, onboard marketing end-users and provide ongoing management/governance of the marketing tech and data stack to ensure alignment with business goals.
This is a highly cross-functional and collaborative role that requires establishing and maintaining an effective partnership with Berxi’s technical leadership. If you are a marketer with hands-on technical skills or a former engineer/developer who has moved into the marketing domain, and can communicate the business value of enabling technologies, this is an opportunity for you to continue to expand your skills and accelerate Berxi’s growth in the insurtech industry.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Marketing Technology Infrastructure
- Architect the marketing technology stack to ensure interoperability and scalability.
- Develop technical requirements and documentation for stakeholder review.
- Partner with Berxi Platform leadership (CTO, Architect, and Product Management) to ensure alignment with company technical and data strategy.
- Lead platform implementation in conjunction with internal and external resources.
- Configure and integrate platforms using pre-built APIs.
- Ensure that teammates are onboarded to new platforms, with a focus on self-service and enabling effective campaign creation.
- Maintain the martech stack, acting as the technical lead and system admin for all platforms.
- Manage the martech roadmap and lead regular updates to the Berxi organization.
- Participate in recommendations on how to invest in technology, people, and external partners to meet company goals.
- Work with the Director of Marketing Operations to establish and communicate KPIs and metrics that demonstrate the business value of martech investments.
- Vendor Evaluations and Management
- Develop requirements, research vendors, and lead the RFP process.
- Identify use cases to ensure that chosen platforms meet business and end-user needs.
- Collaborate with Berxi Platform leadership on technical evaluations.
- Manage vendor negotiations, ensure stakeholder alignment, estimate Total Cost of Ownership, and establish budgets.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify internal resources and evaluate external partners as needed to ensure that initiatives are resourced for timely implementation.
- Establish project phases, create and manage project plans and communicate the status to the broader organization at regular intervals.
- Proactively engage with internal stakeholders and vendors to manage variable costs.
- Data Management
- Work hand-in-hand with the Berxi Platform data team to determine the architecture for making data available to platforms to deliver on marketing’s segmentation, personalization, and analytical requirements. This may include: identifying and preparing customer data sources for consumption by a future CDP, defining requirements for data pipelines and orchestration, and recommending identity stitching/resolution methods.
- Enable marketing end-users to derive value from data by continuously monitoring for data quality/integrity, identifying gaps, and collaborating with the data team on solutions that provide the marketing team with accurate insights on marketing performance.
- Ensure adherence to Berxi data governance in support of ever-changing privacy regulations.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- 10 years of experience in marketing operations or digital marketing for e-commerce or D2C companies.
- Hands-on experience selecting, implementing, and managing a variety of Marketing Automation solutions or Customer Data Platforms.
- Proven success collaborating with engineering/technical teams to implement martech solutions on time and on budget.
- A thorough understanding of Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager, and advertising platforms such as Facebook, Google, and LinkedIn.
- Familiarity with A/B and multivariate testing and related platforms.
- Advanced Excel skills and exposure to business intelligence platforms such as PowerBI, Looker Studio, or Tableau.
- Demonstrated interest in and ability to learn new technologies.
- Highly collaborative with the ability to achieve goals by establishing productive relationships with internal teammates and external partners.
- A competitive package and exciting growth opportunities for career-oriented teammates.
- A dynamic, action-oriented, and thoughtful environment centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates, and our other stakeholders.
- A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework.
NOTE: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Members may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Clicking apply will direct you to our recruiting module within ADP.