Who are we?
A strategic and trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI), provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers and brokers around the world. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet, and the expertise of our global team of professionals, who exude excellent capabilities and strong character.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration, and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience, and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work. We are one team committed to building a culture where every teammate has the opportunity to contribute and be recognized. Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Claims Consultant, Global Recoveries in our Sydney Office. The Senior Claims Consultant, Global Recoveries will be responsible for subrogation, salvage and claims reviews across various lines of business and jurisdictions. This position is available due to growth within the business and will be based in our Sydney, NSW office, reporting to our SVP, Claims Technical and Compliance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct assessment of claims to determine if recovery opportunities exist.
- Gathers information necessary to support viable recovery claims.
- Engage claims and underwriting managers to secure evidence and determine recovery viability.
- Direct recovery and subrogation process, including engagement with parties of recovery opportunities; secure monies and maximise recovery as required.
- Manage and/or develop reporting platform capturing recoveries and sales of salvage.
- Manage and develop relationships with recovery and salvage providers and experts.
- Stablish a competent panel of recovery agents/lawyers to assist where required.
- Assist with managing claim, recovery and fraud trends reporting.
- Work closely with BHSI claims teams across the globe and other internal stakeholders.
- Occasional travel to client / broker meetings, mediations, conferences and other industry events.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 4-6 years of Commercial Marine or Property claim handling experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of claims recovery experience.
- International claim handling experience preferred, but not required.
- University degree preferred but not essential.
- Excellent interpersonal communications and negotiation skills.
- Highly organised individual to manage multiple compliance reporting platforms.
- Ability and willingness to work across different global jurisdictions and time-zones.
- Ability to work both autonomously and in a team environment.
- A competitive package and exciting growth opportunities for career-oriented teammates.
- A dynamic, action oriented, and thoughtful environment centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates, and our other stakeholders.
- A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework.
If you are excited this opportunity but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in this job description, we still encourage you to apply.
NOTE: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please send resumes to [email protected].
Visit our website at www.bhspecialty.com.