Who are we?
A strategic and trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI), provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers and brokers around the world. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet, and the expertise of our global team of professionals, who exude excellent capabilities and strong character.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration, and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience, and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work. We are one team committed to building a culture where every teammate has the opportunity to contribute and be recognized. Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Business Systems Analyst to join our Boston based IT Team. The Senior Business Systems analyst will be accountable for understanding the business requirements and system processing implications from Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) in our organization. The role will partner with both Business leaders and IT resources to translate business needs into system requirements and technical specifications. This role will require you to work together with the delivery leads to deliver the EDW projects that meet and/or exceed our business customer expectations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Engage with business partners to elicit requirements using interviews, documentation analysis, requirements, and workshops.
- Develop business requirement documentation, use cases, mockup dashboard designs and workflow diagrams. Organize information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts and present information in a manner that business customers can review and approve.
- Facilitate and drive project meetings with both business and technology teams. Coordinate efforts to gather requirements for multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Coordinate efforts to gather requirements for multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Work with teams that are geographically dispersed and comprised of all disciplines, such as architects, business analysts, developers and testers.
- Provide periodic status updates to the stakeholders and escalate issues/risks on time.
- Engage in the development and execution of testing plans, document, and triage issues.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5 to 6 years’ experience in a Business Systems Analyst capacity, supporting multiple projects/initiatives.
- Minimum of 4 to 5 years of experience working in Insurance domain.
- Experience in Commercial Insurance domain and ISO admitted lines is a PLUS.
- Experience working with Insurance policy platform – Duckcreek, Guidewire, Majesco, Insurity, OneShield applications etc is a PLUS.
- Experience in working with relational databases, XML files, data analysis and SQL scripting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, Subject matter experts and vendor resources.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Hands on style with strong problem-solving abilities and a keen attention to detail.
- Quick learner with ability to adapt to changing environment and strong customer service orientation.
- A competitive package and exciting growth opportunities for career-oriented teammates.
- A dynamic, action oriented, and thoughtful environment centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates and our other stakeholders.
- A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework.
NOTE: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Clicking apply will direct you to our recruiting module within ADP.