Who are we?
A strategic and trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI), provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty, and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers and brokers around the world. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet, and the expertise of our global team of professionals, who exude excellent capabilities and strong character.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration, and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience, and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work. We are one team committed to building a culture where every teammate has the opportunity to contribute and be recognized. Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty, and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) has an exciting opportunity for a seasoned IT professional to join its Information Technology team in Boston, MA focused on Quality Assurance. BHSI provides commercial property, casualty, healthcare professional liability, surety, executive, and professional lines insurance to global customers. We are implementing a long-range technology platform strategy leveraging the Duck Creek for Insurance Suite and are seeking candidates with commercial P&C insurance underwriting or claims IT experience.
The QA Test Lead (TL) is accountable for engaging business users and IT team members throughout the lifecycle of projects and production. The role will actively engage and work with offshore-based consulting partners in executing our quality assurance policy and claims activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Play hands-on lead role in system integration & regression testing for key initiatives (test planning, design, execution, defect management, and reporting).
- Participate in the overall planning and execution of QA Team testing objectives.
- Coordinate testing efforts with internal and external interfaces.
- Engage with business analyst teams to understand new requirements.
- Collaborate with peers and management to develop process standards and/or enhancements to prevent the re-occurrence of QA issues.
- Engage with business users to understand workflows and system issues assisting them in solving problems.
- Work closely with offshore testing resources for the purpose of developing and executing test cases.
- Travel to remote offices to engage users in user testing and rollout activities.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Some business background in Commercial P&C Insurance Underwriting or Claims functions.
- Minimum 2 years experience in QA Roles supporting complex systems development or packaged software implementation efforts.
- Prior experience with DuckCreek Policy or Claims is an advantage.
- ISO expertise is a plus.
- Knowledge of defect systems such as Jira, Quality Center, or any other defect tool.
- Expert in working with globally distributed teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, subject matter experts, and vendor resources.
- Hands-on style with strong problem-solving abilities and keen attention to detail.
- College degree preferred.
- A competitive package and exciting growth opportunities for career-oriented teammates.
- A dynamic, action-oriented, and thoughtful environment centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates and our other stakeholders.
- A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework.
NOTE: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Clicking apply will direct you to our recruiting module within ADP.