Who are we?
A strategic and trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI), provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers and brokers around the world. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet, and the expertise of our global team of professionals, who exude excellent capabilities and strong character.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration, and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience, and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work. We are one team committed to building a culture where every teammate has the opportunity to contribute and be recognized. Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty, and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
BHSI has an exciting opportunity for a paralegal in its Boston office (other US offices may be considered for this position, as appropriate, depending on candidate’s location). This position will be responsible for assisting BHSI’s Legal Department in supporting BHSI’s teammates in North America on a variety of legal, project-related, and administrative tasks. The individual selected for this position will work closely with the Legal team to help support BHSI as it continues to grow in North America.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform contract review, revisions, and management in collaboration with Legal teammates.
- Assist with the handling of subpoenas, legal/bankruptcy notices, and litigated matters.
- Facilitate legal resources posted on intranet.
- Perform specific legal research.
- Other Legal projects, as appropriate.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience working in a legal environment (law firm or in-house).
- Experience with contracts and/or litigation.
- Proficiency with SharePoint, Excel, and Word.
- Time management, prioritization and project management skills required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-driven and self-disciplined.
- Able to work independently.
- Superior academic credentials.
- Multilingual capabilities a plus.
- A competitive package and exciting growth opportunities for career-oriented teammates.
- A dynamic, action oriented, and thoughtful environment centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates, and our other stakeholders.
- A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework.
NOTE: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Clicking apply will direct you to our recruiting module within ADP.