Who are we?
A strategic and trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI), provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers and brokers around the world. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet, and the expertise of our global team of professionals, who exude excellent capabilities and strong character.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration, and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience, and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work. We are one team committed to building a culture where every teammate has the opportunity to contribute and be recognized. Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
BHSI has an exciting opportunity for an experienced underwriter to grow with and help shape our entry into the admitted casualty space in our Atlanta office. We’re looking for an underwriting professional to develop and own profitable Middle Market casualty lines portfolio through our new admitted platform.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build and grow an admitted book of business which includes primary GL, Auto and Umbrella working directly with agents and brokers.
- Work closely with other functional areas, including our joint marketing partners at Berkshire Hathaway.
- Work with our Customer and Broker Engagement team to establish, develop, and expand retail broker and customer relationships.
- Help direct the future of the operation providing feedback in the areas of distribution, process, underwriting & appetite to refine our craftsmanship.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Have a strong desire to build something and confident that you will thrive in a rapidly growing, dynamic environment.
- Have commitment to diligence, creativity and ability to collaborate with all levels and all disciplines.
- Ability to multi-task and make quick decisions while maintaining underwriting integrity.
- Candidate must have at least 5 years of underwriting experience demonstrating a propensity to think critically while developing both underwriting and market acumen.
- Strong communication skills including experience in negotiation and presentation.
- A competitive package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401(k) employee matching program.
- Exciting growth opportunities with a growing global organization.
- A dynamic, action oriented, and thoughtful environment centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates and our other stakeholders.
- A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity, encourages innovation, and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework.
NOTE: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Clicking apply will direct you to our recruiting module within ADP