Who are we?
A strategic and trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI), provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers and brokers around the world. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet, and the expertise of our global team of professionals, who exude excellent capabilities and strong character.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration, and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience, and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work. We are one team committed to building a culture where every teammate has the opportunity to contribute and be recognized. Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
BHSI has an exciting opportunity in its Executive and Professional Liability practice for an experienced private and not-for-profit company Directors and Officers Liability underwriter to join our Central Region team in Chicago. We are seeking a hard-working teammate who values a collaborative culture and is focused on profitability over top-line growth.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage and develop a portfolio of accounts consistent with the team’s focus on profitable growth
- Establish, develop, and expand broker and customer relationships
- Underwrite efficiently without sacrificing discipline, diligence, and quality service
- Work in a fast-paced environment with agility and decisiveness
- Understand market conditions and how to respond as they evolve
- Be a positive reflection on the company by demonstrating integrity and leadership in the marketplace
- Effectively communicate BHSI’s value proposition to brokers and customers
- Work closely with our in-house claims team to help create a positive and transparent experience for our customers
- Collaborate with teammates across all product lines
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience underwriting D&O, EPLI, Fiduciary and Fidelity
- Existing network of strong broker and client relationships
- Strong technical skills in financial analysis
- Solid understanding of policy forms and coverage
- A collaborative and team-focused mentality
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- A competitive package and exciting growth opportunities for career-oriented teammates
- A dynamic, action oriented, and thoughtful environment centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates and our other stakeholders
- A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework
NOTE: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Clicking apply will direct you to our recruiting module within ADP.