Atlanta, GA/Boston, MA/New York, NY
Who are we?
A strategic and trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI), provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers and brokers around the world. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet, and the expertise of our global team of professionals, who exude excellent capabilities and strong character.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration, and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience, and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work. We are one team committed to building a culture where every teammate has the opportunity to contribute and be recognized. Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty, and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
BHSI has an exciting opportunity in executive liability for an experienced Underwriter to join the Cyber/MPL/Tech team as Vice President, East Region Leader, preferably in either New York, Boston, or Atlanta. We are seeking a hard-working teammate who values a collaborative culture and is focused on profitability over top-line growth. Territories of focus include New York, Boston, Atlanta, and surrounding geographies.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build and manage a book of business that is consistent with the team’s focus on profitable growth.
- Establish, develop, and expand on broker and customer relationships.
- Underwrite efficiently without sacrificing discipline, diligence, and quality service.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with agility and decisiveness.
- Underwrite complex and challenging risks while developing creative solutions for our partners.
- Understand market conditions and how to respond as they evolve.
- Be a positive reflection on the company by demonstrating integrity and leadership in the marketplace.
- Effectively communicate BHSI’s value proposition to brokers and customers.
- Work closely with our in-house claims team to help create a positive and transparent experience for our customers.
- Collaborate with teammates across all product lines.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Twelve (12) + years’ experience in the insurance industry, including significant experience in Cyber/MPL/Tech E&O.
- Solid understanding of policy forms and coverage.
- Network of strong broker and client relationships.
- Collaborative and team-focused mentality.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
- A competitive package and exciting growth opportunities for career-oriented teammates.
- A dynamic, action oriented, and thoughtful environment centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates, and our other stakeholders.
- A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework.
The base salary range for this position is from $175,000 to $250,000 along with annual bonus eligibility; a candidate’s salary is determined by their relevant skills and experience. We value our teammates – both their capabilities and character – as demonstrated by our amazing culture.
NOTE: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Clicking apply will direct you to our recruiting module within ADP.