Who are we?
A strategic and trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI), provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty, and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers and brokers around the world. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet, and the expertise of our global team of professionals, who exude excellent capabilities and strong character.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration, and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience, and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work. We are one team committed to building a culture where every teammate has the opportunity to contribute and be recognized. Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty, and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) is looking for a disciplined, seasoned, and hands-on mid-level cybersecurity professional with at least 3-5 years of experience with Microsoft M365 or the Azure security suite to join the Boston, MA team in our downtown office. We are an in-office organization and we believe that we are better when we are together.
As a Cyber Security Engineer, you will have the ability to own and drive success for the team by taking an active role in the execution of the technical needs of our IT Security solutions and integrations, while collaborating closely with both internal and external partners. In this newly created role, there is an opportunity for growth potential, and the ability to shape the evolution of the architected security roadmap by making impactful short-term contributions to an organization that places the utmost importance on “doing the right thing”.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibilities will include managing the configuration of security solutions for email, endpoints, and identity to ensure coverage of the enterprise and our data.
- Focus on tuning and configuration of Microsoft M365 and Azure security solutions to ensure new features are implemented, alerts are of high fidelity, policies are working as intended, and beneficial integrations are maintained with other security solutions. Will be responsible for a daily operational review of MSFT features to ensure any additions and changes to processes are reviewed, evaluated for impact and risk, and migrated through our SDLC process.
- Work with our InfoSec analysts to implement recommended technical infrastructure changes to reduce risk and remediate gaps in security coverage. This may require working in tandem with the global infrastructure team to achieve impactful outcomes.
- Be an escalation point and SME for junior engineers and analysts where Microsoft security tools need deeper log analysis in support of security incident tickets and incident response.
- Provide cross-functional support and coverage within the InfoSec team when operational tasks, projects, and incidents require extra hands-on to meet objectives and deadlines.
- Works closely with our external Managed Security Solution provider and SOC analysts to enhance security solutions to reduce malicious and suspicious activity based on security data analysis, review of the current threat landscape, and assessment of security tickets.
- Assist in the integration of critical log sources alarms and logs into our SIEM to ensure that our MSSP and SOC teams have a holistic view of our environment.
- Assists in the evaluation, development, implementation, and operationalization of enterprise security solutions, taking the lead in ensuring security policies are supported as part of that process.
- Work with development teams in AWS and Azure and other SAAS solutions to ensure deployments follow security policies, follow security coding practices, and mitigate risk to enterprise and customer data.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Have a ‘security mindset’ in examining and understanding the impact of business and infrastructure changes on the overall security posture both tactically and strategically and be able to effectively communicate those impacts to InfoSec leadership and team members alike to find the best possible results and reduce our Cyber risk.
- At least three years experience as an MSFT M365 and/or as an Azure security engineer. This would include proven competence with creating and managing Intune policies, conditional access, identity, MCAS, Defender ATP, exchange security, ASRs, and other MSFT security modules.
- Demonstratable experience with web application and API development standards has provided hands-on guidance, and assessment for risk, vulnerabilities, and remediation.
- Be able to assess the impacts of security and infrastructure changes on the overall security posture, provide recommendations, and complete remediation.
- Additional hands-on experience in Network management, SIEM management, data loss prevention, Application Security Management, and Microsoft Azure AD beneficial.
- Be able to prioritize operational and project tasks with the ability to pivot when the risk and impact have been escalated.
- CISSP, MSFT Security/Azure, and/or CCIE Security certifications are a plus in assessing that you have knowledge in the InfoSec field and will be used to balance against hands-on experience.
- A competitive package and exciting growth opportunities for career-oriented teammates.
- A dynamic, action-oriented, and thoughtful environment centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates, and our other stakeholders.
- A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework.
NOTE: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Members may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Clicking apply will direct you to our recruiting module within ADP.