Who are we?
A strategic and trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI), provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers and brokers around the world. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet, and the expertise of our global team of professionals, who exude excellent capabilities and strong character.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration, and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience, and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work. We are one team committed to building a culture where every teammate has the opportunity to contribute and be recognized. Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) has an exciting opportunity for a self-directed and highly motivated Credit Control Manager to join Australian and New Zealand Operations team based in Sydney. This position will be accountable for the oversight of the billing and collection activities for BHSI in our region, and will work closely with our underwriting teams, our offshore business partner, Xceedance as well as our external stakeholders incl. Brokers, Program Administrators and MGAs.
We are seeking an individual who is intelligent, passionate, and always striving towards excellence. The successful candidate will have the relevant experience and enthusiasm to build our Credit Control function across Australia and New Zealand by developing and implementing uniform strategies, processes, and systems that will improve the outcomes and efficiency of collection activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Working with the business and key external partners, lead the development of process improvements across the Credit Control function.
- Lead resolution of collection issues, particularly problem-solving of complex open balances.
- Routinely interface with Xceedance staff on day-to-day receivable issues including overdue accounts; train teammates as warranted.
- Review aging reports, analyzing results to ensure they are within company expectations and drive better results to address any negative trends.
- Oversee, develop, and improve Statement of Account and Collections processes between Brokers, Program Administrators, MGAs, and Xceedance.
- Manage global reporting relationships of collection results and other metrics.
Qualifications, Skills, And Experience
- Minimum 5-10 years’ relevant collections and credit control experience in personal and commercial insurance; prior system development experience and/or multinational experience is a plus.
- Familiar with Collections systems and tools, including strong MS Excel skills.
- Experience with range of processes such as Statement of Account and other collection methods.
- Excellent mathematical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability and willingness to work with global teammates across different timezones.
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience.
- A competitive package and exciting growth opportunities for career-oriented teammates.
- A dynamic, action-oriented, and thoughtful environment centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates, and our other stakeholders.
- A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework.
NOTE: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Members may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please send resumes to [email protected].
Visit our website at www.bhspecialty.com.