Who are we?
A strategic and trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI), provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers and brokers around the world. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet, and the expertise of our global team of professionals, who exude excellent capabilities and strong character.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration, and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience, and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work. We are one team committed to building a culture where every teammate has the opportunity to contribute and be recognized. Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
Berkshire Hathaway European Insurance DAC (BHEI) is an Irish-headquartered (re)insurer and part of the Berkshire Hathaway group. BHEI is the primary legal entity within BHSI division for European insurance business. BHEI writes a broad range of property and casualty (P&C) commercial insurance products for customers worldwide from our office in Dublin, and from our branches in the UK, France, Germany, Spain and Belgium. BHEI writes business through four business divisions, the largest proportion being Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI), which underwrites a broad range of commercial casualty, property and executive and professional lines to customers and brokers around the world. The other divisions are Berkshire Hathaway Reinsurance Group (BHRG), MedPro and Faraday.
BHEI has an exciting opportunity for a Compliance Analyst based in our Dublin office. This is a new role and a fantastic opportunity to join a collaborative team in a growing organization.
Part of BHEI’s and BHSI’s Legal, Risk and Compliance team and reporting to the BHEI Compliance Manager, this role will work closely with the European Legal, Risk & Compliance team, other control functions and the business to implement the Compliance Plan. Our Compliance team aims to provide effective and pragmatic compliance advisory, oversight and monitoring, and support achievement of BHEI’s business plan objectives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Working with the Compliance Manager to deliver the Compliance Plan by completing assigned tasks to implement and monitoring compliance with Irish and European regulatory requirements, BHEI and group policies and procedures
• Horizon-scanning, tracking and analyzing the evolving regulatory landscape (Irish and relevant jurisdictions) and assessing its impact on our business activities and assisting the Compliance Manager and Head of Compliance to implement the appropriate control environment to ensure ongoing compliance
• Assisting in monitoring of the first line’s compliance with policies and procedures
• Completing Compliance team deliverables for policies and procedures (e.g. outsourcing arrangement onboarding and ongoing monitoring)
• Assisting the Data Protection Officer in managing data protection systems and processes
• Working with candidates, HR (or Legal & Company Secretarial team as appropriate) and external service provider to complete fitness and probity screening for proposed and existing pre-approval controlled function (PCF) and controlled function (CF) holders
• Preparing and coordinating responses to regulatory information requests and ensuring accurate and timely submission
• Preparing and facilitating the delivery of compliance training to the business
• Providing practical day-to-day compliance advice to first line business operations. This includes advice on how to comply with the regulatory framework, and advice on how to implement processes and controls to ensure compliance and manage regulatory risk
• Producing management information and assisting the Compliance Manager in preparing senior management and Board-level reporting
• Other ad hoc duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Relevant third-level qualification or professional qualification from Compliance Institute (formerly ACOI)/ Insurance Institute of Ireland
• Minimum 3 years’ financial services experience (ideally non-life insurance) in a second line Compliance role
• Excellent communication, organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to manage multiple priorities to meet deadlines
• Team player with collaborative approach and strong interpersonal skills
• Working knowledge of Irish financial services regulatory framework and its practical application and, ideally, previous exposure to European local conduct requirements
• Meets minimum requirements of Central Bank of Ireland fitness and probity rules in respect of a CF holder.
• A competitive package and exciting growth opportunities for career-oriented teammates
• A dynamic, action-oriented, and thoughtful environment centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates and our other stakeholders
• A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework.
To apply, please submit your CV with to [email protected]
NOTE: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Visit our website at www.bhspecialty.com