Are you looking for an organization that truly values and accepts differences of perspectives and understands that winning together builds a stronger organization?
Are you looking for an organization that is a powerful platform driven by exceptional people, and one where you can be recognized and rewarded for individual excellence in a team framework?
Are you looking for the opportunity to start building meaningful, professional relationships with people who, like you, have a high level of capabilities and strong character, and who care about each other, their customers, and their communities?
Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty, and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
During your 12-week paid internship, you will learn about the claim process by participating in and contributing to a project and operational work, under the guidance of experienced claims professionals. In doing so, you will experience first-hand our commitment to claims handling excellence and transparency and understand why claims are our product. Must be able to work in person in the Atlanta, GA office.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Evaluate, review, and analyze claim and policy data to discover trends necessary to achieve project goals.
- Learn claim operation processes and assist with work volumes in areas that could include claim submission intake and research, loss run testing and evaluation, and healthcare credentialing.
- Review claim data against policy deductible requirements to perform any combination of calculating, posting, and verifying financial transactions.
- Track, update and improve financial records and spreadsheet processing.
- Research various deductible projects for the reconciliation of financials.
- Review and assist with documentation updates to internal Wiki websites.
Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently when needed.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills preferably from past job or volunteer experience.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with MS Office Applications, specifically MS Excel, including pivot tables, formulas, and comparisons of data.
- Strong mathematical and basic bookkeeping skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong focus, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Quick learner, flexible , and adaptable to changing environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work in a team environment.
- All candidates must have permanent work authorization in the United States.
Who are we?
A strategic and trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI), provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty, and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers and brokers around the world. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to the market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet, and the expertise of our global team of professionals, who exude excellent capabilities and strong character.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration, and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience, and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work. We are one team committed to building a culture where every teammate can contribute and be recognized.
BHSI Offers Interns:
- The opportunity to build a broad knowledge of the Insurance industry through instructor-led training classes.
- The opportunity to collaborate with BHSI interns from across the country on a project.
- One-on-one mentorship, career development, and learning opportunities as you engage with senior management.
- A liberating, fast-paced culture, centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates, and our business.
- A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity, encourages innovation and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework.
Clicking apply will direct you to our recruiting module within ADP