Who are we?
A strategic and trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI), provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers and brokers around the world. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet, and the expertise of our global team of professionals, who exude excellent capabilities and strong character.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration, and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience, and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work. We are one team committed to building a culture where every teammate has the opportunity to contribute and be recognized. Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
At BHSI, Claims is our product. It’s where our commitments to our customers are met. We focus on developing long-term relationships with our customers through the claims process and pride ourselves on the speed of resolution, quality of service and open communication throughout.
We have an exciting internship opportunity to join our Claims team in Cologne. In the role you would be investigating and resolving problems daily for our customers and partners (both internal and external) as part of processing claims in a timely and accurate way.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Auditing and processing of both direct and indirect settlements (in German and English)
- Independent management of the bordereau
- Coordination of payment transactions with leading insurers and insurance partners
- Settlement of claims
- If necessary, support for the Marine, Property and Casualty divisions
- Support for damage-specific process developments
- Administrative tasks, as well as damage-specific controlling
- Preparation and evaluation of claims overviews
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Business administration or a similar degree
- Ideally, completed training as an insurance and finance clerk and/or Insurance specialist (m/f/d) or first relevant experience through internships in the field of insurance
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Independent and structured way of working
- High degree of commitment, sense of responsibility and ability to work in a team
- Very good knowledge of MS Office
- Very good knowledge of English
- A paid internship (werkstudent/-in) and exciting growth opportunities for career-oriented teammates
- A dynamic, action oriented, and thoughtful environment centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates and our other stakeholders
- A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework
To apply, please submit your CV with a cover letter outlining why this would be the perfect role for you to [email protected]
NOTE: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
Visit our website at www.bhspecialty.com