Who are we?
Berxi (www.berxi.com) is the brand for Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance’s (BHSI) small commercial division. We’re making professional and small business insurance easier to understand, easier to buy, and easier to afford. We’re committed to connecting with customers and delivering market-leading products and services with a straightforward, digital-first experience. If you want to work with a collaborative and energetic team – then Berxi could be part of your possible.
Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty, and specialty insurance coverages around the world. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet, and the expertise of our global team of professionals, who exude excellent capabilities and strong character.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration, and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value a diversity of backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work. We are one team committed to building a culture where every teammate can contribute and be recognized. Want to be part of building the finest property, casualty, and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
Learn more about our unique culture and history.
Through a variety of sales practices and tactics the Berxi Business Development Manager, Outbound Sales will support the distribution of Berxi’s platform of insurance products.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- In the role, you will engage with qualified leads and opportunities from various sources (internal and external).
- When engaging with those leads and opportunities, through a consultative approach, you will aim to build rapport quickly and speak to the insurance ‘decision maker’ (often the business owner, or someone who works closely with the business owner to manage the company’s insurance needs).
- You will be expected to understand and articulate Berxi’s (and BHSI’s) brand, value proposition, and key differentiators.
- You will be empowered with an entirely digital, cloud-based system that will allow you to provide timely and relevant information to prospective customers as you learn more about their business insurance wants and needs.
- Given the role focuses on helping us source new customers, the goal from your conversations will ultimately be to have a prospective customer complete an application that could lead to a policy being purchased (i.e., a ‘bound’ policy).
- You are expected to, on average, make >25 outbound calls leading to >5 meaningful transactional conversations per day.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Some experience in a sales or business development role; insurance sales or agency experience is a plus.
- Passion for leveraging technology to deliver a better insurance experience to customers.
- Problem solver who is an advocate for our prospects, customers, and the Berxi brand.
- Self-starter who is comfortable operating with some ambiguity in their day-to-day.
- Excitement about being a part of a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Positive attitude, and a willingness to receive and incorporate feedback.
- Comfort interacting with all teammates, including senior management.
- An active Property & Casualty License in at least one state is preferred; without one, a candidate must be willing to study and pass all exams to earn an active Property & Casualty License (fully sponsored and supported by BHSI).
- A competitive package and exciting growth opportunities for career-oriented teammates.
- A dynamic, action-oriented, and thoughtful work environment centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates, and other stakeholders.
- A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework.
- A ‘hybrid’ in-office requirement with one floating day of work-from-home flexibility available per week.
NOTE: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Members may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Clicking apply will direct you to our recruiting module within ADP.