Are you looking for an organization that truly values and accepts differences of perspectives and understands that winning together builds a stronger organization?
Are you looking for an organization that is a powerful platform driven by exceptional people and one where you can be recognized and rewarded for individual excellence in a team framework?
Are you looking for the opportunity to start building meaningful, professional relationships with people who, like you, have a high level of capabilities and strong character who care about each other, their customers, and their communities?
Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
We have an exciting, entry-level opportunity to join our Boston office as an Associate QA within the IT team. The Associate QA is responsible for collaborating with IT team members throughout the project’s lifecycle and supporting releases to production. In this role, you will actively engage and work with offshore-based consulting partners in executing our quality assurance policy and claims activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Play a hands-on role in all aspects of system, integration, and regression testing aspects.
- Collaborate with offshore colleagues in developing and executing test cases.
- Responsible for validating new features and enhancements to meet user expectations.
- Participate in the overall planning and execution of QA Team testing objectives.
- Engage with teammates within IT to gain a complete understanding of features and enhancements.
- Confer with teammates and the management team to implement processes preventing the re-occurrence of bugs.
- Partner with business users to troubleshoot user feedback and support in receiving user certification of the product.
- Participate in troubleshooting sessions with development teams for timely turnaround of critical issues.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle.
Education, Skills, and Experience:
- College concentration in one of the STEM disciplines or prior experience and demonstrated passion in an Information Technology role.
- Some experience in Commercial P&C Insurance, Underwriting, or Claims is preferred.
- Experience in QA roles supporting complex systems development or packaged software implementation efforts.
- Understanding of Agile or waterfall projects.
- Candidate for this role must understand SDLC well, including end-to-end testing.
- Experience in working with Enterprise Data Warehouse & Business Intelligence tools is a plus.
- Prior experience with DuckCreek Policy or Claims is a plus.
- Knowledge in creating and maintaining an automated test suite, including UI, and API, is a plus.
- Knowledge of defect management tools such as Jira, DevOps, Quality Center, or any other defect tool.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize and track multiple deliverables and concurrent projects.
- Analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently when needed.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Microsoft Office proficiency including but not limited to Outlook, Excel, and Word (Required).
- Strong customer service skills, preferably from past job or volunteer experience.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with MS Office Applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with diverse executives, subject matter experts, and vendor resources.
- Hands-on style with strong problem-solving abilities and meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong conceptual thinking skills, creativity, and flexibility.
- ISTQB certification, or any relevant test / Information Technology certification, is a plus.
- College degree preferred.
- All candidates must have permanent work authorization in the United States.
Who are we?
A strategic and trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI), provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers and brokers around the world. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet and the expertise of our global team of professionals, who exude excellent capabilities and strong character.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration, and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work. We are one team committed to building a culture where every teammate has the opportunity to contribute and be recognized.
- A competitive package and exciting growth opportunities with a growing global organization.
- A dynamic, action oriented and thoughtful environment centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates and our other stakeholders.
- A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity, encourages innovation, and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework.
Clicking apply will direct you to our recruiting module within ADP.