Are you looking for an organization who truly values and accepts differences of perspectives and understands that winning together builds a stronger organization?
Are you looking for an organization that is a powerful platform driven by exceptional people, and one where you can be recognized and rewarded for individual excellence in a team framework?
Are you looking for the opportunity to start building meaningful, professional relationships with people who, like you, have a high level of capabilities and strong character, who care about each other, their customers, and communities?
Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
We have an exciting, entry level opportunity to join our Boston office as an Associate Developer within the IT team. In this role, under the guidance of experienced Developers, you will learn and engage in the functional/technical work that is required to modify, enhance, and automate the tools that our business uses to deliver insurance solutions around the globe.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Learn to work closely with technical resources to interpret and translate business requirements into solution designs.
- Actively participate in the analysis, configuration and programming activities that support our business systems.
- Learn how to support, maintain, enhance, and develop new capabilities in support of business systems.
- Learn how to be an expert in the detailed operation and configuration of these systems to provide effective support to our business teams globally.
- Learn how to work closely across all levels of the organization, clearly communicating to, and engaging with, diverse teammates.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’ degree in computer science or a related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- 0-2 years professional experience; experience as a software developer a plus, but not required.
- A passion for learning with proven technical aptitude, problem solving, and keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently when needed.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills preferably from past job or volunteer experience.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong competency with MS Office Applications.
- All candidates must have permanent work authorization in the United States.
Who are we?
A strategic and trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI), provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers and brokers around the world. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet and the expertise of our global team of professionals, who exude excellent capabilities and strong character.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration, and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work. We are one team committed to building a culture where every teammate has the opportunity to contribute and be recognized.
- A competitive package and exciting growth opportunities with a growing global organization.
- A liberating, fast-paced culture, centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates and our business.
- A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity, encourages innovation, and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework.
Clicking apply will direct you to our recruiting module within ADP.