Are you looking for an organization who truly values and accepts differences of perspectives and understands that winning together builds a stronger organization?
Are you looking for an organization that is a powerful platform driven by exceptional people and one where you can be recognized and rewarded for individual excellence in a team framework?
Are you looking for the opportunity to start building meaningful, professional relationships with people who, like you, have a high level of capabilities and strong character, who care about each other, their customers, and communities?
Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance has an exciting opportunity for an Associate Business Intelligence Engineer to join our Enterprise Data team. We are looking for an individual with the technical and creative aptitude to transform data into actionable insights. The Associate BI Engineer will be responsible for understanding the business intelligence needs of business units across the organization and providing data solutions in the form of reports, visualizations, and other automated tools. This position will also enhance and optimize the enterprise data warehouse’s reporting layer by maintaining and enhancing data pipelines. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, technical problem solver with the collaborative qualities to be business facing.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders from various functional areas to understand BI needs.
- Build and automate data solutions to support business processes using SQL, SSRS, and PowerBI.
- Design, develop, and optimize data pipelines to load data marts and support enterprise reporting in SSIS and Azure Data Factory.
- Support and enhance existing BI solutions by using SQL to debug and troubleshoot.
- Perform data validations and reconciliations to ensure the enterprise data warehouse serves as the Single Source of Truth.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other technical field with 0+ years of professional data experience.
- A passion for learning with demonstrated technical talent, problem solving skills, and keen attention to detail.
- Beginner’s knowledge of SQL with a familiarity of data warehousing, ETL, and data integration.
- Professional or academic experience with data modeling, data visualization, and version control.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with an ability to express business concepts in technical terms and technical solutions in business terms.
- Effective time management skills, with the ability to handle and prioritize several projects at once.
- A basic understanding and interest in learning about the insurance industry.
- All candidates must have permanent work authorization in the United States.
Who are we?
A strategic and trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI), provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty, and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers and brokers around the world. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet, and the expertise of our global team of professionals, who exude excellent capabilities and strong character.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration, and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience, and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work. We are one team committed to building a culture where every teammate has the opportunity to contribute and be recognized.
- A competitive package and exciting growth opportunities with a growing global organization.
- A liberating, fast-paced culture, centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates and our business.
- A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity, encourages innovation, and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework.
Clicking apply will direct you to our recruiting module within ADP.