San Ramon, CA
Who are we?
A strategic and trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI), provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers and brokers around the world. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet, and the expertise of our global team of professionals, who exude excellent capabilities and strong character.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration, and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience, and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work. We are one team committed to building a culture where every teammate has the opportunity to contribute and be recognized. Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
BHSI has a dynamic opportunity for an Administrative Assistant who will provide advanced administrative support for the SVP of the Catastrophe Engineering and Analytics (CAT E&A) team, and broader leadership team in our offices. This person who assumes this role will proactively manage the SVP’s schedule and correspondence, effectively anticipating and prioritizing everyday needs. Additionally, the person in this role will manage the general duties of the office, coordinate internal and external events, and occasionally assist with other requests.
This role requires discretion, independent judgment, and initiative. It would suit an enthusiastic and confident team player, who thrives in a fast-paced environment, and who can operate with minimal direction. We are seeking someone with strong communication and time management skills, and a person who has previous administration and Executive Assistant experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to our CAT E&A SVP and other leadership team in the San Ramon office.
- Provide calendar management for the SVP, which will include arranging meetings across multiple time zones.
- Coordinate travel arrangements including organizing accommodations, air and ground transportation, meetings, agendas, and general logistics.
- Prepare expense reports and related activities.
- Monitor email correspondence with the escalation of urgent matters.
- Oversee and support the day-to-day management of the San Ramon office, including but not limited to ordering office supplies, providing onsite management of office equipment and management of main phone lines.
- Working with and planning various CAT E&A events, including team functions and customer meetings.
- Manage scheduling for CAT E&A training materials for new hires and continuing education sessions for teammates.
- Provide other administrative support as required to support the teams’ priorities and activities including coordinating with corporate IT Help Desk and HR functions.
- Oversee connectivity between CAT E&A offices: San Ramon, CA, Boston, MA and Atlanta, GA.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- 5+ years of administration experience; experience at an executive-level strongly preferred.
- Efficient time management and task prioritization with acute attention to detail.
- Demonstrate ability to work on own initiative with little direction, to identify issues requiring attention, and to initiate projects.
- Experience organizing small- and large-scale events with internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly advanced skills using the entire Microsoft Office Suite including Teams, and experience with travel and expense applications, specifically Concur.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package with exciting growth opportunities for career-oriented teammates.
- A dynamic, action-oriented, and thoughtful environment centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates, and our other stakeholders.
- A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework.
NOTE: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The team member filling this role may perform other related duties as discussed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
The base salary range for this position is from $60,000 to $70,000, along with annual bonus eligibility; a candidate’s salary is determined by their relevant skills and experience. We value our teammates – both their capabilities and character – as demonstrated by our amazing culture.
Clicking apply will direct you to our recruiting module within ADP.