Are you looking for an organization who truly values and accepts differences of perspectives and understands that winning together builds a stronger organization?
Are you looking for an organization that is a powerful platform driven by exceptional people, and one where you can be recognized and rewarded for individual excellence in a team framework?
Are you looking for the opportunity to start building meaningful, professional relationships with people who, like you, have a high level of capabilities and strong character, who care about each other, their customers, and communities?
Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
During your 12-week, paid internship, you will participate in and contribute to project and operational work under the guidance of experienced actuaries. In addition to learning how math and statistics are used to assess risk and why that analysis is critical to our underwriting process, you will also learn about the insurance industry, and experience first-hand, the teamwork that it takes to deliver flexible, responsive solutions to our customers.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Proven math and analytical skills as normally acquired through the pursuit of a bachelor’s degree in mathematics, economics, actuarial science, or related field.
- A commitment to pursuing the FCAS designation.
- Proficiency in SQL and VBA is preferred although not required if the candidate has proficiency in other languages or an aptitude for programming.
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently when needed.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills preferably from past job or volunteer experience.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with MS Office Applications.
- All candidates must have permanent work authorization in the United States.
Who are we?
A strategic and trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI), provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers and brokers around the world. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to the market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet and the expertise of our global team of professionals, who exude excellent capabilities and strong character.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration, and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work. We are one team committed to building a culture where every teammate can contribute and be recognized.
- Competitive pay and exciting growth opportunities with a growing global organization.
- A liberating, fast-paced culture, centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates and our business.
- A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity, encourages innovation, and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework.
Clicking apply will direct you to our recruiting module within ADP.