Are you looking for a place that truly values and accepts differences of perspectives and understands that winning together builds a stronger organization?
Are you looking for an organization that is a powerful platform driven by exceptional people, and one where you can be recognized and rewarded for individual excellence in a team framework?
Are you looking for the opportunity to start building meaningful, professional relationships with people who, like you, have a high level of capabilities and strong character, who care about each other, their customers, and communities?
Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty and specialty lines insurance company in the world? If so, then our Associate Cohort program is for you!
BHSI has an exciting opportunity for an Actuarial Assistant to join our State Affairs team in Chicago, IL. The State Affairs team supports BHSI’s admitted platform holistically to ensure profitable and compliant products are built, filed, implemented, monitored, reported, and maintained. We are looking for an individual who has a high level of accountability, sense of urgency, attention to detail, and excellence of character. Our culture is fast paced, challenging, ever-changing yet rewarding. This position will be a great fit for an outside-the-box problem solver who is self-motivated, adaptable, positive, and collaborative.
Duties & Responsibilities
Development and Maintenance of:
- Rating algorithms, rates, and rating plans of new and existing admitted products that ensure BHSI is profitable, compliant, and relevant in a rapidly changing competitive landscape.
- All supporting filing exhibits, transmittals, and objection responses that will secure timely approvals countrywide.
- Compliant Excel pricing tools for new/existing products and working with IT to ensure proper system rating and data requirements are created, tested, and implemented .
- Profitability metrics and reporting, including, but not limited to, rate indications and portfolio monitoring dashboards to proactively gauge the health of the business.
- Actuarial techniques and procedures in the course of understanding and analyzing the company’s products .
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Commitment to pursuing the FCAS actuarial designation .
- 0-2+ Years of Experience .
- Rate Filing / Product Development experience ideal.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Intermediate proficiency in SQL, R, and VBA desired.
- Advanced multi-tasking and prioritization skills to manage rapidly shifting projects effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to proactively work in a team environment as well as independently.
- All candidates must have permanent work authorization in the United States.
Who are we?
A strategic and trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI), provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers and brokers around the world. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet and the expertise of our global team of professionals, who exude excellent capabilities and strong character.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration, and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work. We are one team committed to building a culture where every teammate has the opportunity to contribute and be recognized.
BHSI Offers Associates:
- The opportunity to build a broad knowledge of the insurance industry through instructor-led training classes.
- Mentorship, career development and learning opportunities as you engage with senior management.
- A competitive package and exciting growth opportunities with a growing global organization
- A liberating, fast-paced culture, centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates and our business.
- A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity, encourages innovation, and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework.
Clicking apply will direct you to our recruiting module within ADP.